For our client, which is active in the Aviation sector in Brussels, we are looking for a Java / Luciad Engineer.
- Develop software modules for SASS-C. This includes designing, developing, maintaining and providing support.
- Perform modifications to source code, documentation and test suite.
- Review request for changes, clarify the understanding of the intention, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications.
- Analyze modifications required to source code, documentation and test suite, and define test scope, to implement problem fixes and changes.
- Perform and document tests in line with test scope defined before.
- Arrange review of own source code, documentation and test result by peers.
- Review source code, documentation, test suite changes and test results performed by peers.
- Perform investigation of problems and sketch solutions.
- Debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems.
- Execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures.
- Higher technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, with a focus on Software Engineering, or equivalent professional knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in development with Java
- Experience with Java FX for Display (Frontend), Swing for algorithms (Backend)
- Real experience in complex algorithms (efficiency in CPU & RAM use to process huge volume of data).
- Experience in developing and maintaining software and documentation in accordance with recognized industrial quality and safety standards
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems and to present key issues and possible / recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way.
- Cooperates and works well in a team.
START DATE: To be confirmed
LOCATION: Bruxelles (remote possible during COVID)