The candidate will develop the CWP (Controller Working Position) software modules and documentation changes (from specification to design, coding and testing).
- Develop software modules for the CWP. This includes designing, developing, maintaining and providing support on applications in the areas of data processing and HMI application.
- Perform modifications to source code, documentation and test suite.
- Review request for changes, clarify the understanding of the intention, perform prototyping where necessary, and create unambiguous software specifications.
- Analyze modifications required to source code, documentation and test suite, and define test scope, to implement problem fixes and changes.
- Perform and document tests in line with test scope defined before.
- Arrange review of own source code, documentation and test result by peers.
- Review source code, documentation, test suite changes and test results performed by peers.
- Perform investigation of problems and sketch solutions.
- Debrief on the status of work and potential technical and schedule problems.
- Execute tasks in accordance with governing quality, safety and security management procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Higher technical education in Computer Science or Information Technology, with a focus on Software Engineering, or equivalent professional knowledge
- At least 3 years experience developing large scale (>100 kSLOC) operational HMI software, preferably in a Unix environment
- At least 3 years experience using modern C++, including C++11, template- and preferably metaprogramming
- Experience in developing and maintaining software and documentation in accordance with recognized industrial quality and safety standards (SWAL 3 or equivalent)
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems and to present key issues and possible / recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way.
- Cooperates and works well in a team.
- Knowledge of ODS Toolbox environment is a plus or equivalent HMI framework.