For our client, which is the European leader in Air Traffic Management located in Brussels, we are looking for an Ada Developer for a 12 months contract (extendable).
The project you will be working on is the flight plan management system and the network capacity management system developed in Ada.
- Development, maintenance and support of a mission-critical systems
- Detailed software design
- Implementation (design, code and test) in Ada and Unix shell scripting
- Participate in test automation preparation and implementation
- Write documentation mainly of technical nature
- Test and debug computer program
- When certified, participate to third level on-call service (with remote connection)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You will have a computer science degree or equivalent professional knowledge.
- Very good algorithmic thinking skills
- The right candidate will have the ability to identify, analyse and solve complex problems, concepts and to present key issues and recommended solutions in a clear, structured and concise way
- Very good programming skills in Ada or C, C++, Pascal, Spark
- Unix or Linux: including knowledge of a scripting language
- SQL and database programming skills
- Although Ada knowledge is a big asset for this position, knowledge of in depth workings of a computer and complex software is more important. Ability to understand how to efficiently use computer resources is more important than knowledge of Ada syntax. Ability to work on complex problems and big programs is mandatory. If you can demonstrate this ability then an Ada training course will be set up if needed.
What Eurocity / the Client offers:
- Long term role (average duration of contract is 4 years)
- Gym, Sport Club, subsidised restaurant
- Good parking facilities on site (several of our consultants cycle to work)
- Regular follow-up with a dedicated Eurocity team
Language requirements: English is essential
Location: Brussels, Belgium (on-site 2 days per week)
Start Date: As soon as possible (but flexible depending on your notice period)
Contract length: 12 months initially with extensions